If your child is unwell please either;
- telephone the school, selecting option 1, and report the reason for absence and anticipated date of return, if known
- email the school office (email@example.com or use the 'Contact' tab above)
as early as possible but no later than 9am
Children with Vomiting and diarrhoea are to be kept off school for a minimum of 48 hours after the last bout of illness. They may only return to school 48 hours after their symptoms disappear.
Please see below for full details of our Attendance Policy.
Dfe amendments to the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 remove references to family holiday and extended leave as well as the statutory threshold of ten school days. The amendments make clear that headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
A 'Request for Absence from School' form must be submitted for applications for absence due to 'Exceptional Circumstances' . Below is a list of reasons for which permission might be granted:
- Major and/or prolonged illness of a parent or child
- To attend a family member’s funeral
- Participation in a major competition
- To take an exam
This list is not exhaustive but taking children on holiday during term time for financial reasons is not included.
FORM: click the link below for an Absence in Term Time Form