Balcombe C of E Primary School complies with the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011.
Our Equality Objectives
- To ensure that the individual needs of all learners are met, so that the gap in the attainment and progress of different groups of learners is narrowed, with a particular focus on improving the achievement of pupils with Special Educational Needs and those in receipt of Pupil Premium.
- To develop and implement a broad and balanced curriculum (including extra-curricular activities such as visits, competitions, sport and productions), which is accessible to all and maximise the inclusion of learners with Special Educational Needs within the school, in order to build their confidence as learners, promote independence and raise self-esteem.
- To value and support all staff within the school, by providing leadership opportunities to all (including those in groups protected by the Equalities Act), so that staff remain motivated, challenged and contribute directly to school improvement.
- To strengthen links with parents/carers and the local community (including those in groups protected by the Equalities Act and those from the full range of socio-economic backgrounds), so that all learners are supported to maximise their attainment and achieve their aspirations both in school and out.
- To tackle prejudice in all of its forms and develop a truly inclusive school community, where difference is welcomed and individuality is celebrated.